We welcome your comments on the National Museums Scotland blog. Please note that all comments submitted will be moderated. For this reason, there will be a delay between the submission of your comment and it appearing on the site. We will do our best to include your post as quickly as possible. We reserve the right to withhold any post, without further comment or notice to you.
If you would like to comment, please bear in mind some basic guidelines. These are designed to protect you and other users of the site.
We also reserve the right to remove the access of any individual who persistently breaks these guidelines. Breaking the guidelines could lead to legal action being taken against you by the authorities or an aggrieved party. In exceptional circumstances, National Museums Scotland could be legally obliged to reveal your registration information and/or IP address to the authorities.
- Try to keep your comments brief and to the point. We reserve the right to edit any comments submitted.
- Please only post comments which are directly relevant to the post. ‘Off topic’ comments will not be included.
- Please do not submit questions or comments of a personal nature to our bloggers. We will consider these off topic and will not include them.
- We reserve the right to edit comments for length, and to close comments on posts where we see fit.
- If you have a complaint or a comment about anything on the website, or relating to National Museums Scotland in general, please use our contact us pages to direct your question to the relevant department.
Don’t use the blog for advertising or spamming
- We do not allow marketing messages of any kind (whether promoting yourself or a third party).
- Do not use profanities or other words (including shorthand and substitutions) that might offend others.
- Do not make any defamatory or disparaging comments which might damage the reputation of a person or organisation.
- Do not make multiple postings, so that we can publish comments from as many
different people as possible.
- Do not keep posting the same message, or very similar messages.
Keep within the law
- You must not plagiarise or otherwise infringe third-party rights (such as copyright or privacy rights).
- Do not post words or materials that you have taken from someone else.
- Do not impersonate someone else.
- Do not post anything that risks prejudicing ongoing or forthcoming court proceedings.
- Do not incite people to commit any crime, including incitement of racial hatred.
- Do not post personal attacks on other participants.
- Do not post any personal information relating to yourself or anyone else – for example, address, place of employment, name of educational establishment, telephone or mobile number or email address.
- If you are under 18, please get a parent’s or guardian’s permission before posting any comments.
- In order to post a comment, we require you supply us with your name and email details. This will only be used to allow you to make a comment.